Hi! I'm Emily Quinton.
I can help you to grow on Instagram.
Learn to create beautiful images that tell your story, plus gain tools and techniques to grow in an authentic, inspiring way.
Now sold out for January.
I am so excited to be starting 2017 with one of my favourite courses, Beautify Your Instagram.
We begin on Monday for two weeks of lessons and inspiration, followed by an additional two weeks of support and community in the private Facebook Group.
Instagram is a really powerful place to grow an audience for your business, blog or personal creativity. It is my favourite social media platform and I am so looking forward to teaching and inspiring you about how to get the best from it.
I will be teaching alongside my husband and Makelight Co-Founder, Stef Lewandowski, who has built some powerful tools to help you to grow your Instagram audience in authentic and enjoyable ways.
I really hope to see you in class!
What you'll receive by joining the course
- Two weeks of lessons: videos with text, images and embeds all delivered by our own custom-built learning site. See below for the topics covered
- Four weeks of support and advice from the Makelight team and the community
- Advice on equipment and apps that could improve your image-making
- PDF downloads to help you with your workflow and planning
- A profile page that will enable others in the community to find and follow you
- Access to our private Makelight Facebook community
- A dedicated Facebook group just for the people taking the course
- Weekly one-hour live Facebook Live Q&A sessions
- Access to the Makelight Hashtag Library to help you research and gather good hashtags to use
- One month's access to our new Tagalytics tool
- Hashtag recommendations based on what you share on Instagram
- Recommended people to follow in the community
- A 2016 Makelight Insights report, plus a monthly report for January and February
- Our weekly newsletter with inspiration and ideas
- Permanent access to the course content afterwards for you to recap or catch up whenever you like
Phew! Sounds like a lot, but don't worry, the course is calm, inspiring and keeps you motivated throughout.
TWO WEEKS Of Lessons
followed by two weeks of community and support
If you're not a natural with a camera it can be hard to get going on Instagram, Pinterest and other places that rely on beautiful images.
It can be so demoralising seeing those around you getting thousands of likes on their images and you're left thinking:
"Why don't I get the same reaction to my Instagram posts as those around me?"
On this course you'll learn practical ways to shoot, plan and share your work in a way that will grow an interested community around what you do.
On top of that, we'll introduce you to data-driven ways to help you grow.
The course structure
We'll send you a series of lessons and we'll be covering these topics:
Developing a visual style
- Your Instagram brand
- Colour palettes
Improving your photography
- Shooting in natural light
- Getting the best from your smartphone camera
- Tips for flat-lays, portraits, selfies and street photography
Curating your Instagram gallery
- Editing photographs
- Visual story telling
- Instagram Stories
- Building an attractive Instagram gallery
Building a community
- Finding your tribe
- Using and discovering hashtags
- Sharing Images on Twitter, Facebook, Pinterest and Steller
Planning and goals
- Hashtag research
- Getting the most from the Makelight tools
- Analysing your data
- Building a workflow
Tools to help you grow
Growing on Instagram is both an art and a science. On this course, we'll cover both! When you join, we'll crunch the numbers for you about your Instagram account and give you a beautiful Makelight Insights report.
You'll get a visual and thematic analysis of the colours, themes and hashtags you've been using so far, and which areas are most popular with your audience.
Then we'll suggest tailored hashtags for you to use and people to follow who are similar to you. Just by joining Makelight you'll find yourself making new connections and friends.
Using our hashtag research and reporting tool you'll be able to work out which are the right hashtags for you to be using.
Join our supportive community of
Twenty thousand people who've taken a Makelight course
Learning with others is a joy. The Makelight community is welcoming and supportive. No matter your ability, you'll feel safe and encouraged to share those slightly imperfect photos in private.
We've learnt that feedback really helps, so Emily will reply to questions and provide feedback on the images you post in our private course Facebook group. You'll also get support from our small Makelight team if you're having any trouble.
Following the course you will be able to join the main private Makelight Worldwide Facebook group where you can connect with Emily and other students whenever you want to.
Learn through video
at your own pace
Wherever you are in the world, you can fit this in to your busy life. You'll receive a link to a pre-recorded video lesson each time one is published, which is usually at around 11AM BST on Mondays, Wednesdays and Fridays.
The Facebook group that runs alongside the lessons is open for two weeks after all the lessons are published.
That means you can take the course at your own pace, catch up at weekends if you need to, and have conversations at a time that fits in with your life.
We also have live Q&A sessions and we time them to fit when is best for the group, depending on time zones. All the Q&As are available to watch afterwards too.
Love for this course from past attendees
A recent success story
We always love hearing about how everyone gets on after taking one of our courses. We regularly hear about past attendees doubling their followers, getting to that amazing 1,000-follower point, winning a competition, or getting new business from someone who found them via their feed.
Just a couple of weeks ago we heard from Suzi who had some news:
"I was so thrilled to be interviewed by Instagram for their #PerfectlyMe campaign recently. I was actually watching a Live Q & A session with Stef when my phone went bonkers with triple new followers & likes over the following 24 hours and till climbing. To date, I have received 629k Likes on the Instagram page and over 5k comments."
We can't claim that that success stories like this are all down to us and the Beautify experience – of course they can't be! But with the guidance and advice we give, you'll have clear and actionable ways to improve what you're doing and be in a good place for a little serendipity.